Let’s talk about billboards. Yes, they clog our eyeballs everyday, inform us, infuriate us, and give us a good belly laugh at their mistakes. So what truly makes a WORTHY billboard? As Phoenicians, shouldn’t we have a say in what we want to look at during our daily commute? Why yes, yes we should! Listen up Phoenix businesses, we are here to help. Here are four awesome examples of billboards we like.
1. Readability, contrast, and concept all in one! Adding perspective and the slightest bit of texture can do so much. Not only can you absorb the message quickly, the design is pleasant to look at and even encourages drivers to think about sharing the road while on the road.
2. Even at 60 miles per hour, this is pretty darn funny. Bonus points for making your company name readable as well and convincing us that getting new flooring could be comical. This goes to show that not every good billboard uses bright colors, and vice versa. Using colors that convey the feeling of your company is key.
3. Literally thinking outside that billboard box. Simple yet recognizable additions work well. Look at this enormous stethoscope, it’s mildly hilarious and gets the point across. The blue background blends in nice with the Phoenix sky and those white letters look crisp and clean. We also like the “punny” factor to this.
4. Having a large phone number right in the middle of the billboard is great. You may have the most beautiful billboard ever but if we cannot read your contact info, you have lost us. This one is also a great example of proportionate image and text. Nice work!
OK, here is what NOT to do:
1. Though spelling errors are hilarious, try to avoid them at all cost.
2. We know that you have a lot to say about your business, but keep it to a minimum. Please keep in mind how fast your audience will be driving while viewing your advertisement. Cute dogs though!
3. Show us that contact info nice n’ big! Maybe even massive. If the contact info is not readable, then how the heck are we going to reach you?! Not exactly sure why the image of back muscles are larger than the web address and phone number combined…
4. Finally, tell us who you are. Your name is just as important as what you have to say. Don’t keep us guessing, unless that is your intention. Yes, we agree with you, but WHO are you.
Thanks for reading, peace ya’ll.